When using Oracle | Hyperion or Oracle PBCS, you may encounter various errors if you are not using a compatible web browser. The errors may be found either directly in a web browser (e.g. when accessing Hyperion Workspace), or when using Financial Reporting in the Oracle Smart View Excel Add-In (which has dependencies on Internet Explorer to operate):
“Bindows TM. Bindows belongs to MB Technologies (Georgia, USA). All rights reserved. You are not allowed to modify this code. Commercial use requires license. Application Description File Loaded.”
“This product could not be displayed because you are using an unsupported browser. Contact your system administrator.”
An error has occurred in the script of this page
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?”
To check your browser compatibility, you can find information about supported web browsers using the following references from Oracle:
- Oracle Hyperion EPM System Certification Matrix: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/oracle-hyperion-epm-system-certific-131801.xls
- Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service Supported Browsers: https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/pbcs_common/UPBCS/supported_browsers.htm#UPBCS-introduction_to_cloud_service_329
If your web browser is incompatible, here are options to correct the issue:
- The recommended option is to install or downgrade to a compatible web browser as listed in the above references.
- To downgrade IE, coordinate with the IT department of your organization.
- If your organization is fine with using Firefox, you can download the respective Firefox ESR version from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html
- PBCS users can download the latest version of Chrome here: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
- As a short-term solution, if you are using an incompatible version of IE, you can use the following steps each time you login:
- Open Workspace
- Press the F12 key on your keyboard
- Under Browser Mode, choose “IE9”
- Under Document Mode, choose “IE9 standards”
We would be glad to hear from you. Please contact us with any feedback.