Are you looking to become more proficient with the Oracle | Hyperion Smart View Excel Add-in? This is the first blog post in a series for increasing your efficiency. Note, if your organization is getting started with Smart View, you may also consider our Smart View Training offering, which will establish a foundational knowledge for your users.
Whether using Smart View Ad Hoc Analysis or Smart View Functions, Microsoft Excel hotkeys are highly recommended for increasing your productivity. Both native hotkeys as well as Smart View hotkeys are highlighted in this post.
Microsoft Excel Hotkeys – Native
This may be familiar territory if you are already a guru at Microsoft Excel, but here are our top 10 favorite native Excel shortcuts for efficient navigation.
- Move across ranges (Ctrl-Arrow); also hold Shift to select cells in the range
- Move to first/last cell (Ctrl-Home/End)
- Select Row or Column (Shift/Ctrl-Space)
- Delete selection (Alt-E-D)
- Paste Special Values (Alt-E-S-V)
- Turn on Auto Filter (Alt-D-F-F)
- Select all Formula cells in the range (F5 Alt-S-F-Enter)
- Convert Text to Columns (Alt-D-E-D)
- Select all cells in the sheet (Ctrl-A)
- Switch sheets (Ctrl-Page Up/Down)
Microsoft Excel Hotkeys – Smart View Toolkit
If you download our complimentary Smart View Toolkit Excel Add-In, you can access Ad Hoc Analysis buttons using hotkeys or the Quick Access Toolbar.
The buttons also have turbo-charged functionality to speed up Smart View Queries by over 2x. Here are the steps to set up the Quick Access Toolbar:
- Download and install the Smart View Toolkit Excel Add-In
- Click on the drop down menu in the Quick Access Toolbar
- Select “More Commands…”
- Select “Smart View Toolkit Tab” from the “Choose commands from” menu
- Select commands in the right-hand panel and click “<< Remove”
- Select “1. Zoom In” and click “Add >>”; repeat for commands 2 through 8
- Click OK
You will then be able to access the Ad Hoc Analysis buttons on the Quick Access Toolbar, or through the following hotkeys.
- Zoom In (Alt-1)
- Zoom Out (Alt-2)
- Keep Only (Alt-3)
- Remove Only (Alt-4)
- Refresh (Alt-5)
- Undo (Alt-6)
- Redo (Alt-7)
- Pivot (Alt-8)
We hope this information is helpful. Please visit our blog again soon for additional posts in the Mastery of Smart View series.