Hierarchy Management UI Enhancement
The Hierarchy Management UI has been enhanced for Budget Hierarchies. Navigation is faster and supports larger number of members. You can now navigate through the hierarchy:
- Using the tree structure in the left pane;
- Searching for the member in search mode;
- Clicking the “bread crumb” links at the top of the page.
Additional features include show/hide, search, locking, preview, save/save & publish, usage reports, and adding a new member.
New Options in Add User Screen
Two new options have been added to the Maintenance > User Management > Add User screen: Disable User Login and Disable Password Expiry Check. Typically these settings are selected for user accounts which are created to perform back-end tasks such as DLR loads, Cloud Scheduler jobs, etc.
- Disable User Login — Login to user account will not be allowed from main browser window.
- Disable Password Expiry Check — Normal password expiry policy is not applicable for this user.
Export Data .xlsx Support
Export data option now supports exporting data in Excel .xslx file format. By default, the existing configurations will continue to have .xls format and you can change this setting as required.
.xlsx File Support for DLRs
.xlsx file load types are now supported for DLRs. Because the .xlsx files do not store regional settings in the file definition, these settings must be defined for the user account via Maintenance > My Settings > General. The date and decimal formatting of the data within DLRs are read based on the regional settings of the user. By default this setting is set to English (United States).
Audit Log Archiving
The option to archive the audit log is now available. You can archive previous audit log records, and keep the current log for three to four months. To launch the Application Audit Details screen, from which you can configure audit log archiving, click Maintenance > Application Audit > View Audit Log.
Translation Lines Enhancement
The Translation Lines screen has been enhanced with options to insert data, replace existing data, etc. To access the translation lines screen for a given translation code source/target, click Maintenance > Data Integration > Translations Setup, then click Translation Lines. Insert or replace data as required.
Customer Community Access – Multiple Environments
You can access the Customer Community portal from within the application (via the Community link under User options), directly navigating to the Community URL, or via links in emails, and then authenticating your access using your application credentials. Previously, issues were encountered if the URL was not https://cpm.hostanalytics.com. Now, you will be directed to a page where you can select the URL you are using for your Host application access.
Copy/Paste type DLRs
The removal date for the conversion of Copy/Paste type DLRs to File Load type DLRs has been extended. It is highly recommended that you convert existing DLRs as soon as possible.
Additional API Operators
The APIs in back end operation now support the operators Not In and In for filtering of segment members. This enhances the way in which APIs can be used to place additional conditions in the importing or extraction of data.
Cube Process Enhancement
Cube process is now executed for enhanced load balancing and performance. This allows the user’s machine to transparently perform other tasks — report queries, simulations, consolidations, etc. — while the cube process is running, with no significant reduction in performance. An email message is sent to the user once the cube process is complete.
Sales Calculations and Sales Data Transfer Enhancement
Sales calculations and the sales data transfer processes — e.g., task scheduling, queuing — are now executed for enhanced reliability and stability. Schedule information is available via the Job Manager.
Business Analytics, ExportData, HR Indexing Ehanacement
Business Analytics (e.g., create space, update space, folder creation, etc.), Export Data, and HR indexing are now executed for enhanced reliability and stability. Schedule information is available via the Job Manager.
Column Configuration for Drill-Through Reports
The order listing of columns (i.e., attributes) in a drill-through dynamic report can be configured via the Maintenance > Data Integration > Transaction Details screen. To move an attribute, highlight its row and then use the up and down arrows to move it to the position where you want it to appear.
Non-U.S. Local Support for New Cross Browser Template Grid
The new cross browser template grid has been enhanced to support the non-U.S. local numbering formats. Tests have been concluded for U.S., Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and German cultures.
Budget Entity Approval Workflow E-mail Enhancement
The budget entity approval workflow e-mail has been updated to the new standard Host Analytics e-mail format. The new e-mail notification now includes the plan’s Scenario information on the approval notification.
New Employee Load APIs
The following new employee load APIs are now available to support loading multiple employee positions to budget, forecast, or default scenarios:
- Load Employees — Load multiple employee positions through the employee data load. Can also load notes for each employee position, up to 4,000 characters;
- Delete Employees — Delete employee positions for scenario, budget entities, and employees;
- Get Employees — Retrieve employee positions for scenario, budget entities, and employees.
Each API requires a login name, password, and tenant code as parameters for a valid Host application user. An UnAuthorized exception appears for invalid users.
Airlift XL Login Application URL
Airlift XL now uses the application URL for login. Previously, if you tried to login with the API URL in the Horizon URL entry field (e.g., https://sandbox.hostanalytics.com or https://cpm.hostanalytics.com), an error message would appear. Now, the Horizon URL entry field has been changed to Application URL, and you can enter the application URL instead of the API URL.
Dynamic Report UI Enhancements
The following updates have been made to the dynamic report screens.
- Remove Dimension – Click remove icon [X] to remove dimension from the layout area.
- Insert Formula – Click formula icon to launch. Use to add formula to selected cell.
- Formula Exceptions – Click formula exceptions icon to launch.
- Disabled Dimensions in Use – Dimensions currently used in the report are disabled (grayed out).
- Report Sets
- Auto complete (i.e., search suggestion) is turned on for Reports Set search.
- POV selections are displayed in the Page when the report is run, if POV is applied
Notifications and Job Manager Enhancement
- Notifications – Every month on the 3rd Friday, during the maintenance upgrade, the application automatically deletes history of notifications and archives/deletes Job Manager records/rows. During this process, all In-App Notifications older than 30 days are permanently deleted from the application. Maintenance, Cloud Scheduler, Job Manager history older than 90 days is archived and not visible in the Job Manager screen. Job Manager history from the archived tables is deleted permanently after an additional 90 days. Notifications displayed on the Notifications page that are older than 30 days will be automatically deleted and will not be maintained in Host Analytics. If you’d like to retain downloadable files from notifications for Report Books, Report Collections, and Financial Package Publisher, please save the files to your computer. To access Notifications, click the Notifications button in the upper right-hand corner of the application.
- Job Manager – To access Job Manager, select Maintenance, Cloud Scheduler, and click the Job Manager tab. All Job Manager Processes that are older than 90 days will be automatically deleted. Host Analytics will not retain history logs. If you’d like to retain these logs, select Output, Save As Excel to save Job Manager history information to an Excel spreadsheet on your computer.
Consolidation Process Integration with Cloud Scheduler
Consolidation is now integrated with Cloud Scheduler so that you can schedule Consolidations to run and manage and track the status for individual schedules. Access Cloud Scheduler by navigating to Maintenance, Administration, Cloud Scheduler. When you add a Process Flow and select Tasks for that Process Flow, you can now select the Consolidation Task Type.
Financial Package Publisher Integration with Cloud Scheduler
Financial Package Publisher is now integrated with Cloud Scheduler so that you can schedule financial packages to run, and manage and track the status for individual schedules. Access Cloud Scheduler by navigating to Maintenance, Administration, Cloud Scheduler. When you add a Process Flow and select Tasks for that Process Flow, you can now select the Financial Package Type.
Microsoft support for Office 2003 ended as of 4/8/2014. Therefore, as of the Winter ’16 release (February 2016), Host Analytics will no longer support the export of Dynamic Reports and Report Books to Excel 97-2003 in .xls format. Please continue to export both Dynamic Reports and Report Books in .xlsx format. Also, .xls file type has been replaced with .xlsx for Snapshot in File Cabinet, Scorecard, Benchmark, Report Sets, Unified Hierarchy Management, Budget data exports, Data Load Rules, and Translation Lines.
Scenario Add/Edit UI Improvement
Scenario Add/Edit screen UI has been improved for the improved user experience with a clean usable organization of the various setup aspects of the scenario. Scenario information has been updated with the three sections for the General Information, Data Seeding and the Compare Scenarios configuration.
Known & Resolved Issues Known application issues Host is working to resolve and resolved application issues are located in the Knowledge Base Announcements. Access to the link requires user authentication.
Note For more information, find all the details on the Host Analytics Website.